Quick post or more of an announcement, being a past sponsor of Cloud-Land, its been a pleasure to see Vembu grow and grow as a data protection provider for virtualized environments.
In the short amount of time, their engineering team has made leaps and bounds on their BDR suite to further capabilities and expand their protection coverage for VMware environments. Simply put, you can see from the new releases they are serious about protection critical workloads such as Oracle Database on VMware environments as well as Hyper-V.
Whilst most of the enhancements in the 4.1 GA release focuses moreso on the Hyper-V compatibility, it still poses a strong commitment to furthering their already existing strong support for VMware.
Enough from me, have a look at the new product enhancements below, well done to the Vembu team on this release.
What’s new in Vembu BDR Suite v4.1?
- Hyper-V VM backup now uses Microsoft’s native RCT(Resilient Change Tracking) to track changes in a VM disk (VHD/VHDX) (Only for Windows Server 2016 & above)
- Application-aware processing of Oracle databases running on VMware VMs is now supported to ensure the consistency of the database
- Introducing Vembu Proxy Agent for VMware Backup. Backup proxies are now helpful in distributing the workloads and scale the backup infrastructure. Also, It handles the data traffic between VMware vSphere and Vembu BDR Server during the backup
- Backup support for the VMs data residing on the Hyper-V scale-out file server(SOFS)
- Now users can exclude System Files(Pagefile.sys & Hyberfil.sys) from all image-based backups such as VMware, Hyper-V, and Windows image backup
- Image Integrity Check to confirm the recoverability of the backup data is even more customizable, and can be easily configured from the UI
Vembu BDR Suite v4.1 also addresses the customers reported issues and support issues of the previous version of vembu along with improved stability, performance & bug fixes.