HP Insight control plugin for vCenter is the go-forward VMware vCenter management integration plug-in for HP Storage. In addition to managing all HP block storage arrays, this vCenter plug-in also manages HP servers and virtual connect networking with the Server module. HP Insight Control for VMware vCenter Server integrates with both VMware vSphere Client and VMware’s new vSphere Web Client.
HP Insight Control for VMware vCenter enables the VMware administrator to quickly obtain contextual information about HP storage directly from vCenter. Available as a no-charge download, this functionality provides the VMware administrator the ability to easily see and manage how virtual machines relate to data stores and individual disk volumes.
By providing the ability to clearly view and directly manage these relationships between virtual machines, data stores and HP Storage, the VMware administrator’s productivity increases, as does the ability to ensure quality of service.
Features and Benefits
- Fully compatible with the latest version of VMware, vSphere 5.5
- Monitor and manage the physical / virtual relationships between VMware Virtual Machines, ESX servers and HP Storage
- Map the VMware virtual environment to HP storage and provide detailed contextual storage information
- Create / expand / delete VMware data stores
- Create virtual machines from a template
- Clone virtual machines from an existing virtual machine
- Delete an unassigned volume
- Integrated with vSphere Client and the new vSphere Web Client
- Visualize complex relationships between VMs and storage.
- Easily manage peer persistence for HP 3PAR StoreServ
What’s New in HP Insight Control for VMware vCenter
- HP Insight Control Storage Module for VMware vCenter v.7.3.1 April 2014
- Support for the new MSA 1040
- Support for HP 3PAR Inform OS 3.1.3
- Bug fixes
Download here: SW Depot.
Note: Licensing for the storage module is enabled as part of the download and installation sequence. The server module requires Insight Control licenses.