Uh oh!! a bug in HP Insight Control 7.2.1 and 7.2.2 Storage Plugins with 3PAR environments.
Confirmed with both IC4VC 7.2.1 and 7.2.2 storage plugins with 3PAR 3.1.2 MU2
If using the plugin to perform a “New Datastore” action at the Cluster level, when the volume is presented to all hosts in a cluster in one go, Inserv will take the WWNs of the other hosts in the cluster and strip them from that host entry and apply them to the first host entry in the cluster.
This results in an immediate halt of any VMs running on the subsequent members of the cluster and the ESXi hypervisor itself, assuming boot-from-san, having its rug pulled out from under it – PSODing.
This will be fixed with 7.2.3 of the plugin,due out very soon
7.2.3 available now!
Finally back from an epic time in the US of A, VMworld next week. I was intending on doing a post on the leadup to VMworld including a timetable of events I will be attending. For those who are going, get in touch – would be great to catch up/meet some of you.. HP are a platinum sponsor and will be at booth #1405, ready to show you our newest developments such as:
- HP Virtual System that lets you transform your IT environments and maximize the advantages of virtualisation and cloud.
- Cloud Management solutions for heterogeneous clouds.
- Mobility solutions make it easy for your users to work on any device anywhere.
- Networking technology that lets you offload the networking tasks from the host, while also monitoring and securing VM-VM traffic.
- Advances in storage that ensure fast, secure retrieval of the data you need.
HP also have a space devoted to the Software-Defined Zone in Booth #2235.
And don’t miss the opportunity to learn best practices from the experts in the following HP sessions: (US Time)
- Monday, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Capacity Jail Break: vSphere 5 Space Reclamation Nuts and Bolts (STO4907)
- Tuesday, 11:30 a.m – 12:30 p.m.
OpenStack for the Enterprise (VSVC6656)
- Tuesday, 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
The Top 10 Things You MUST Know About Storage for vSphere (STO5545)
- Wednesday, 11:30 a.m – 12:30 p.m.
Implementing a Scalable and Highly Available Desktop and Application Architecture with a VMware AlwaysOn Solution (EUC5672)
- Wednesday, 2:30 p.m – Â“3:30 p.m.
Storage – The Next Frontier of Virtualization – How VMware Technologies Can Enable and Accelerate Software Defined Storage (STO5787)
Be sure to stop by to see our exciting in-booth theater sessions providing detailed information on cloud, virtualization, mobility, end-user computing, and more. Also an HP Slate 7 Tablet will be given away at each in-booth theater session.
For the social bunnies, please check out this list of all the gathering/events/parties/tweet-meets that is happening. http://www.vmworld.com/community/gatherings#!
For now, Jet-lag is killing me, and I have a bunch of work to do. Such is life, great to be back.